Episode 9: Cindy Miller of UPS on Solving for the Talent Gap, Truck Driver Shortages and More
With Guest Speaker: Cindy Miller, President of Global Freight Forwarding at UPS and More
Priyanka talks to Cindy Miller of UPS about various topics such as the biggest challenges in freight forwarding, how do we bridge the talent gap in logistics, how do we solve for the truck driver shortages and what kinds of innovative partnerships we need to forge going forward.
Today I’m in conversation with Cindy Miller of UPS. In October of 1988, so 30 years ago, Cindy started out as a package car driver and delivery person for UPS. And today, she is the President of Global Freight Forwarding at UPS. Talk about racing up the ranks!
Questions Cindy answered
- Let’s start with an introduction to yourself and your role at UPS.
- What are some of the biggest challenges in freight forwarding today? What keeps you up at night?
- With logistics going digital, there seems to be a big talent gap in the industry. How do we solve for that?
- What are some of the technologies transforming logistics and supply chain?
- How do we solve for the truck driver shortages?
- What’s the top most innovative idea/solution in your space you’ve heard of recently that you’re keen to explore?
- It seems that companies cannot work in isolation. Strategic partnerships are the way forward. What does an ideal partnership look like and what kind of players need to come together?
- You’ve worked in one company your whole life. What drives you and keeps you motivated?
For more on this, listen on.